Why I Became A Doctor
I always have been fascinated with nature and biology. And I was definitely the kid who tried to nurse injured birds and bunnies back to health.
I didn’t seriously get interested in pursuing my calling to medicine until the late 1980’s when, as the mother of three small children, I experienced crippling migraines and mysterious skin outbreaks. There were no satisfactory medical treatments available so, in desperation, I tried acupuncture. The acupuncture worked wonderfully. The ancient wisdom behind the medicine and the whole person, big picture approach compelled me to begin what has now been an almost 30 year journey into healing and optimizing health.
Conditions I Love to Treat
- Chronic skin conditions such as rosacea, acne, eczema, psoriasis, aging skin
- Digestive Problems
- Female Hormone Issues
Things You May Not Know About Me
- I love to hike with my three dogs
- I’m an avid skier
- I really care about food quality and have produced a lot of the food for my family in my garden, and on several small farms and ranches that we’ve lived on
- I believe that good food, sleep, exercise, play, and time in nature are amongst the best medicines
- I am fascinated with neuroplasticity, meditation and self-improvement, and have spent time in India and China studying these things intensely