From preventative measures to addressing specific conditions, Spring can help you or the important men in your life achieve better health and vitality.
One of the most important steps you can take towards your health is preventing problems before they occur. In your first visit, we discuss the foundation of optimal health. During this discussion, we are able to pinpoint ways that we can optimize your health and prevent chronic disease before it starts (many patients already have signs of poor health and don’t even realize it).
Stopping chronic disease is only one of the many benefits of preventative health. In addition, many men enjoy better energy, sounder sleep, improved libido, increased vitality, less acute illness, less joint pain, and healthier weight.
Men’s Wellness Exams
While prevention is important in everyone’s health, men as a population are less likely to integrate preventative approaches into their health routines.
We offer Men’s Wellness Exams to help men of all ages take advantage of preventative care.
We encourage men to schedule annual wellness exams in order to complete recommended health screenings. At these annual exams, we conduct a detailed health history, a routine physical, and run routine blood tests if indicated. Examples of chronic disease that can be prevented include diabetes, low testosterone, benign prostate hypertrophy, colon cancer, and andropause.
Common Men’s Health Conditions
Below you’ll find a list of some of the most common reasons men come to see a naturopathic doctor. Naturopathic medicine is excellent at addressing these issues for many men and can offer an excellent adjunctive or alternative to conventional care.
- Prostate issues: Benign Prostate Hypertrophy (BPH), chronic prostatitis
- Kidney stones
- Low testosterone
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Poor Heart Health: High blood pressure, high cholesterol, history of heart attack or stroke
- Family history of heart disease
- Weight Issues: Difficulty gaining or losing weight
- Digestive Problems: Heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating
- Digestive Disease: Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Colon polyps
- Chronic pain: general pain, low back pain, headaches, joint pains
- Metabolic Syndrome and Diabetes: Insulin Resistance (Pre-Diabetes), Type I and II Diabetes
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug addiction
We find patients do best when we take an integrative approach to their health and work to utilize whatever approaches best fit their medical needs, including both conventional and naturopathic treatments.